PERC maintains a database of qualified private arbitrators, provided in a limited list to parties who request a dispute resolution panel.
Panel Member Qualifications
Individuals interested in becoming a member of the PERC Dispute Resolution panel should complete the application. Once a membership application has been approved by the Commission, your name may be provided to parties requesting a list of panel members.
1. A master's degree in labor relations, personnel management, industrial relations or a related field, or a law degree; and
2. At least three years of experience in collective bargaining with major work assignments in negotiations, contract administration or related work as a union or management representative, mediator, arbitrator or educator.
Additional qualifying experience shall substitute year for year, for education.
Membership Requirements and Application
Once a membership application has been approved by the Commission, your name may be provided to parties requesting a list of panel members.
1. Complete application for membership.
2. Submit letter of recommendation from each of the following:
a. At least one management representative; and
b. At least one union representative; and
c. At least one impartial arbitrator, mediator or labor relations administrative agency official.
Letters of recommendation must be signed and dated within two years of the date of the application and be on official letterhead and/or contain the contact information for the author.
3. If you would like to be referred for interest arbitration cases, you must also submit at least five grievance arbitration, fact finding or interest arbitration awards issued by you as an impartial. The awards may be provided, upon request, to parties selecting an interest arbitrator.
4. Completed applications and supporting documentation is forwarded to the Commission for consideration. You will be notified of their decision.
Request a Panel or Arbitrator
On the form below, parties can request a PERC staff arbitrator at not cost or a list of private arbitrators from our membership panel. There is no charge for list of arbitrators; however parties are responsible for the private arbitrator costs incurred after selection. The list sent to the parties is a random computer-generated list including information for each arbitrator listed. Please email email@example.com with any questions related to arbitration panels.
List of Active Arbitrators
All active arbitrator information is available below. Arbitrators with an * are also active on the Interest Arbitration Panel.
How Do I...
Not a Public Employee?
Not Represented by a Union?
Private Sector Employee
National Labor Relations Board at 206.220.6300 or nlrb.gov
Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service at 206.553.5800 or fmcs.gov
Human Rights Commission at 800.233.3247 or hum.wa.gov
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at 800.669.4000 or eeoc.gov
Employment Standards/Workplace Rights
Department of Labor and Industries at 866.219.7321 or lni.wa.gov