Completely fill out the appropriate form and submit it to our office either online or by mail.

Filing Forms/Description

Certificate of Service

Attach this form to any document you are filing to show proof of mailing or service on all parties related to the case.

Contract Mediation Request

Request for a mediator to help the parties reach an agreement when employers and employees’ representatives who are unable to agree on the terms of a written contract defining the wages, hours, and working conditions of bargaining unit employees.

Grievance Mediation Request

Request for a mediator to help parties reach a resolution about a dispute over the interpretation or application of a contract.

Unfair Labor Practice Complaint

Unfair Labor Practice FAQ

Allegation by an employee, union, or employer that statutory collective bargaining rights have been violated.

Unit Clarification Petition

Unit Clarification FAQ

Process to add or remove employees from an existing bargaining unit based upon a change in circumstances. Only an employer or union may file this these cases.

Representation Petition

Representation FAQ

Request to investigate whether employees wish to select, change, or remove a union.

Non-Association Request

Request for a hearing to determine an employee’s right to refrain from union membership based on religious tenets or teachings.

Grievance Arbitration Request

Request for a staff arbitrator or a panel of private arbitrators.


Training/Speaker Request

Request for training or staff to speak at an event.

Review the following checklist before filing your case.
  • Completely fill out, sign, and date form. Do not file the instruction page.
  • Include a copy of your most recent CBA (if applicable) per form instructions.
  • Submit forms by email attachment, fax, mail, or in person.
    – Email to
    – Fax to 360.570.7334
    – Mail to P.O. Box 40919, Olympia, WA.  98504-0919
    – Hand Deliver to 112 Henry St. NE, Olympia, WA. 98506
  •  Include a signed and dated certificate of service (proof of mailing) showing that you served a copy to all other parties.

Forms may be submitted by email attachment, fax, mail or in person.

Email (preferred)

Send the completed form and all attachments in an email to:

The subject line of any email related to an open case should include: Case # , Employer and Union.




Public Employment Relations Commission

P.O. Box 40919

Olympia, WA 98504-0919


Public Employment Relations Commission

112 Henry Street NE, Suite 300

Olympia, WA 98506

Please email questions to or call 360.570.7300.

Upon receipt of your request, a case number will be assigned and a letter will be mailed to the parties listed on the form including a copy of the request and the number assigned.  The case is then assigned to one of our staff and you will be contacted regarding further processing.

Translate »