PERC staff travel statewide to provide training to public employers and/or unions to help:
- Improve labor management relationships
- Expand knowledge of collective bargaining laws & processes
- Learn and apply the Interest Based Bargaining process
- Learn and apply other Collective Bargaining techniques
To schedule training, please fill out and submit the Training/Speaker Request form.
- Do you need more knowledge about the collective bargaining process?
- Could you benefit from more in-depth knowledge regarding labor law and how it applies in your workplace?
- Are you interested in exploring a collaborative approach to collective bargaining?Do you need more knowledge about the collective bargaining process?
- Do you want to improve your bargaining relationship through joint problem-solving?
- Would you like to establish or improve a labor management committee?
- Do you think your employer/union relationship could use improvement?
- Would you like to establish a more positive and effective tone for bargaining?
- Would you like to “kick off” or “launch” bargaining having a neutral third party facilitate conversations about how you’d like to work with each other?
- Are you interested in learning more about how to bargain economic issues collaboratively and efficiently?
- Are you willing to acknowledge the interests of both parties in an effort to explore possible solutions together?
- Would you like to see how a “sticky note” brainstorming technique can improve the process of finding agreement on complex or interlocking issues?
- Would you like to improve the working relationships among the employees in your workplace?
- Could you benefit from enhanced communication and collaboration skills while learning to build positive working relationships?
CUSTOM TRAINING /
- Do you have training needs not listed here?
- Would your next event benefit from a PERC speaker?
How Do I...
Not a Public Employee?
Not Represented by a Union?
Private Sector Employee
National Labor Relations Board at 206.220.6300 or nlrb.gov
Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service at 206.553.5800 or fmcs.gov
Human Rights Commission at 800.233.3247 or hum.wa.gov
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at 800.669.4000 or eeoc.gov
Employment Standards/Workplace Rights
Department of Labor and Industries at 866.219.7321 or lni.wa.gov