Unfair Labor Practice FAQ (printable version)

What do I need to know to file a complaint?

Does PERC have authority over my complaint?

Who can file a complaint?

On what basis can an individual employee file a complaint?

What is the time limit for filing an unfair labor practice complaint?

Will PERC represent me or provide me with an attorney?

Do I need to hire an attorney?

Can we discuss settlement without having a hearing?

What happens after a case is filed?

How is an unfair labor practice case processed?

What happens at an unfair labor practice hearing?

When and how will I be informed of PERC’s decision?

Can my union or employer retaliate against me for filing a complaint?

How Do I...

Contact PERC                           >


File a Case or Document       >


Request Training                     >


Make a Records Request       >


Search Decisions                     >


Latest Announcements         >


Not a Public Employee?

Not Represented by a Union?

Private Sector Employee

​National Labor Relations Board at 206.220.6300 or nlrb.gov

Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service at 206.553.5800 or fmcs.gov

Discrimination Complaints

Human Rights Commission at 800.233.3247 or hum.wa.gov

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at 800.669.4000 or eeoc.gov

Employment Standards/Workplace Rights

Department of Labor and Industries at 866.219.7321 or lni.wa.gov

Translate »
Scroll Up