Unit Clarification FAQ (printable version)

What do I need to know to file a clarification petition?

What is the purpose of a unit clarification?

Who can file a unit clarification petition?

What is the time limit for filing a unit clarification petition?

When will PERC not clarify a bargaining unit?

What happens after a case is filed?

How is a unit clarification case processed?

What happens at a unit clarification hearing?

Will PERC represent me or provide me with an attorney?

Do I need to hire an attorney?

When and how will I be informed of PERC’s decision?

How Do I...

Contact PERC                           >


File a Case or Document       >


Request Training                     >


Make a Records Request       >


Search Decisions                     >


Latest Announcements         >


Not a Public Employee?

Not Represented by a Union?

Private Sector Employee

​National Labor Relations Board at 206.220.6300 or nlrb.gov

Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service at 206.553.5800 or fmcs.gov

Discrimination Complaints

Human Rights Commission at 800.233.3247 or hum.wa.gov

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at 800.669.4000 or eeoc.gov

Employment Standards/Workplace Rights

Department of Labor and Industries at 866.219.7321 or lni.wa.gov

Translate »
Scroll Up